- NQF: 6
- SAQA ID: 61729
- CREDITS: 248
This programme is ideal for candidates passionate about working within the law enforcement environment. Whether keen to work for the South African National Police Service, business world or the security industry, this nationally-recognised qualification is designed to produce graduates that can go out into the world of work and enhance the professional standards of policing. This part-time and full-time course will equip learners with communication, management and crime and incident investigation skills.
With this qualification, successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Lifeguard Police Officer
- Traffic Officer
- Communication at NQF Level 4
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Certification and Examination Authority
Upon successful completion of this programme, learners will receive a Berea College of Technology: National Diploma: Policing.
- Certificates are issued by QCTO
- Qualifications are nationally recognised by industry
- All POE’s get verified by Quality Council for Traders & Occupations (QCTO)
Two (2) years full-time
- A prescribed textbook list is available from the Academic Department at the campus
- Electronic copies of the study guide for this course is available on the student portal
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guides.
Enquire at the Berea College of Technology campus for a pricelist for the programme you are interested in.
- Management tactical operations
- Management skills
- Personal effectiveness
- Legislation in a work environment
- Document management system
- Training and development
- Operations management
- Crime or incident investigation
Student Support Services
- Job readiness skills
- CV writing, interview training and workshops
- Campus Counsellor
- Work-integrated learning, internships and post-graduate employment
Centre for Student Relations (CSR)
The Centre provides a free online service to students who require additional academic and personal support.