- CREDITS: 163
- SAQQ ID: 78964
- NQF: 4
Computers play a vital role in the world of business today as they help to bring about efficiency. To be a competent technician, you must learn how to build computers from scratch, run tests and diagnostics and be able to troubleshoot on all matters related to technical support and installations.
This qualification will enable learners to develop an understanding of technology principles, hardware and software, data communication and network support and problem-solving skills in a technical environment. It also teaches you the fundamental communication skills required to work across different work-cultures in South Africa.
- A National Senior Certificate/Grade 12, or
- N3 Certificate/NCV Level 4 Certificate/ABET Level 4 Certificate
Certification and Examination Authority
Learners will receive the following:
- National Certificate in Technical Support
Certificates are issued and verified by The Media, Information and Communication Technologies Sector Education and Training Authority (MICTSETA).
Duration and Work-Integrated Learning
- One (1) year full-time
A prescribed textbook list is available from the Academic Department at the campus
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guides.
Enquire at any of our campuses for a current programme pricelist
Exit level outcomes
A learner will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with fellow IT staff and users of information systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of different types of computer systems and the use of computer technology in business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of problem-solving techniques and how to apply them in a technical environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of computer technology principles.
- Select and use materials and equipment safely for technological purposes.
- Work effectively as a team member within a support team.
- Carry out, under supervision, a small sized task to demonstrate knowledge of techniques and skills needed in one or more of the following areas of specialisation:
- Hardware and infrastructure support for personal computers
- Hardware and infrastructure support for MS Office products.
Data communications and network support.
On completion of the National Certificate you may progress to the Diploma in Information Technology or the Diploma in PC Support and Networking.