- CREDITS: 165
- SAQQ ID: 78965
- NQF: 4
This qualification offers a broad understanding as to what being a computer programmer entails. Computer programmers figure out the process of designing, writing, testing, troubleshooting and maintaining the source code of computer programs. They serve as a vital link between operator and computers. This programme will give learners the understanding of how a computer programmer codes instructions for a computer to follow.
- A National Senior Certificate/Grade 12, or
- N3 Certificate/NCV Level 4 Certificate/ABET Level 4 Certificate
Certification and Examination Authority
Learners will receive the following:
- National Certificate in Systems Development
Certificates are issued and verified by The Media, Information and Communication Technologies Sector Education and Training Authority (MICTSETA).
- One (1) year full-time
- A prescribed textbook list is available from the Academic Department at the campus
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guides.
Enquire at any of our campuses for a current programme pricelist
- Principles of Information Systems
- Principles of Information Technology
- Principles of Computer Networks
- Mathematics Literacy
- Programming Concepts
- Teamwork Skills
- Business Communication
- Application Programming
- Web Development
- Systems Analyst and Design
On completion of the National Certificate you may progress to the Diploma in Information Technology or the Diploma in PC Support and Networking.