- Full Time
- Two Years
The purpose of the Higher Certificate in Project Management is to provide entry into the field of project management. This qualification will equip learners with project management skills to work at entry-level in a business and industry. Learners will acquire the requisite knowledge and skills to operate ethically as part of a project team. The qualification will improve the learner’s efficiency and effectiveness, which are key components in an office environment for ensuring that the organisation runs smoothly. This contributes to higher productivity and improved service delivery. A qualifying learner will be a well-rounded practitioner with foundational technical skills in management, administration, planning and organisation. The curriculum ensures a high degree of portability and enables learners to enter multiple job roles and careers in their quest to meet individual and organisational requirements. The qualification emphasises using project management in the business context. The successful learner will develop foundational knowledge and requisite competencies in project management, which can be applied to the business environment. Learners will obtain exposure to communication, information systems, management, administration and project management. Training for qualification is both theoretical and practical. It allows learners to grasp fundamental knowledge in the workings of various project management methods, approaches and tools in the modern work environment. This qualification will contribute to the full development of the learner within the business environment by providing recognition and further mobility within the field. The qualification supports the philosophy of life-long learning, because learners will be able to increase their access to employment since this qualification also caters for individuals that who are employed but lack the certification to perform efficiently or to be promoted.
Any of the following certificates will be accepted at registration:
- National Senior Certificate, NQF Level 4 granting access to Higher Certificate studies
- Senior Certificate, NQF Level 4
- National Certificate Vocational, NQF Level 4 granting access to Higher Certificate studies.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is considered
on merit and circumstances
Certification and Examination Authority
Upon successful completion, students will receive a Berea College of Technology Higher Certificate in Project Management. All Examinations are set and administered by Berea College of Technology.
All examinations are set and administered by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). The National N Diploma is issued by the DHET.
Duration and Work-Integrated Learning
- The programme duration is 1 year on a full-time basis, or 3 years on a part-time basis.
- Prescribed textbook lists will be provided by the academic department at your campus. Students will receive electronic versions of the study guides for this programme.
Enquire at Berea Technical College campus for a current programme pricelist.
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guides.
This qualification allows possibilities for both vertical and horizontal articulation
- Higher Certificate in Business Computing, NQF Level 5
- Higher Certificate in Business Administration, NQF Level 5
- Diploma in Project Management, NQF Level 6.
- Diploma in Public Relations, NQF Level 6.
- Diploma in Project Management, NQF Level 6. · Diploma in Public Relations, NQF Level 6. · Diploma in Human Resource Management, NQF Level 6.
Student Support Services
- Job readiness skills
- CV writing, interview training and workshops
- Campus Counsellor
- Work-integrated learning, internships and post-graduate employment