- CREDITS: 360
- SAQQ ID: 96707
- NQF: 6
The Diploma in PC Support and Networking is designed for the business world, with a practical Work-Integrated module to help students adjust to the working world. It caters for students who are technically-minded with the ability to diagnose and repair faults in a computer as well the ability to build and maintain networks and the associated software computer-technology. Some of the module focus areas include server technology, networks, programming concepts, end-user computing, web-page design and hardware. There has been rapid development in this field and a need for graduates with this qualification.
- A Grade 12 Certificate with admission to diploma studies
- NQF level 4 qualification or equivalent
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is considered on merit and circumstances
Certification and Examination Authority
Learners will receive the following:
- Diploma in PC Support and Networking
All Examinations are set and administered by Berea College of Technology.
Duration and Work-Integrated Learning
- Three (3) years full-time or four (4) years part-time
- In the 3 or 4 years, 200 hours of work-integrated training to be completed within 3 months
A prescribed textbook list is available from the Academic Department at the campus
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guides.
Enquire at any of our campuses for a current programme pricelist
- Students can further their studies both horizontally and vertically
- Credits obtained can be used to study at our institution or other institutions subject to the admission requirements of that institution
- Credits obtained can be also be used as evidence for RPL for entrance into other qualifications