- CREDITS: 360
- SAQQ ID: 24419
- NQF: 6
Information Technology professionals are responsible for the study of computer systems and telecommunication from storing, retrieving, and sending information. The qualification enables students to gain skills in problem-solving, observation, communication, analysing, critical thinking, decision making, computer literacy and competence in the application of knowledge through research methods and practice. The programme also allows students to critically evaluate information. Understanding how networks operate, written and spoken communication and competence in applying knowledge through basic research methods and practice are some of the prerequisites in this field.
- A Grade 12 Certificate with admission to diploma studies
- NQF level 4 qualification or equivalent
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is considered on merit and circumstances
Certification and Examination Authority
Learners will receive the following:
- Diploma in Information Technology
All Examinations are set and administered by Berea College of Technology
Duration and Work-Integrated Learning
- Three (3) years full-time or four (4) years part-time
- In the 3 or 4 years, 200 hours of work-integrated training to be completed within 3 months
A prescribed textbook list is available from the Academic Department at the campus
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guides.
Enquire at any of our campuses for a current programme pricelist.
- Students can further their studies both horizontally and vertically
- Credits obtained can be used to study at our institution or other institutions subject to the admission requirements of that institution
- Credits obtained can be also be used as evidence for RPL for entrance into other qualifications