- NQF: 3-6
- SAQA ID: 21153
- Level: 101- 202
Have you ever looked at a building and thought that you could improve its design and architectural elements? Love to sketch and see your ideas come to life? Then a career in architectural draughting may be an option for you. Architectural Draughtsmen create architectural designs and plans for buildings and structures according to specifications provided by architects. As a learner of the programme you will develop Computer Applications (Revit) skills and learn how to formalise an idea into a manufactured product.
With this qualification, successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Architectural Draughtsman
- Project Manager/Designer
- A National Senior Certificate with Mathematics, Geography/ Engineering Graphics & Design/ Civil Technology, or
- A Senior Certificate with Mathematics, Geography/ Engineering Graphics & Design/ Civil Technology, or
- An FETC, or an N2 Certificate in the relevant specialisation area
Certification and Examination Authority
Upon successful completion of this programme, learners will receive a Certificate: Career Development Information Officer issued by the Quality Council for Trades & Occupations (QCTO).
Two (2) years full-time or three (3) years part-time
- A prescribed textbook list is available from the Academic Department at the campus
- Electronic copies of the study guides are available on the Student Portal
There are additional costs such as a drawing board, materials for model making and drawing instruments.
Enquire at the Berea College of Technology campus for a pricelist for the programme you are interested in.
Formative and summative assessments are an integral part of the programme and are used to ensure that the learner understands the course and is able to successfully complete the qualification.
Student Support Services
- Job readiness skills
- CV writing, interview training and workshops
- Campus Counsellor
- Work-integrated learning, internships and post-graduate employment
Centre for Student Relations (CSR)
The Centre provides a free online service to students who require additional academic and personal support.
This qualification enables both horizontal and vertical articulation options. Enquire about postcertificate studies at your nearest campus.
For more information on this course and further study options, visit www.bct.ac.za