- NQF: 5
- SAQA ID: 21129
- CREDITS: 120
The qualification aims to teach learners how developmental psychology follows the intellectual and cognitive changes that occur as people move throughout their lifespan, from childhood to adulthood. Mental health issues remain a concern within society. Learners will walk away having acquired basic counselling, research and interpersonal communication skills.
With this qualification, successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Developmental Psychologist
- School Counsellor
- Psychology Assistant
- A National Senior Certificate with a minimum of 45% in English, or
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Certification and Examination Authority
Upon successful completion of this programme, learners will receive a Certificate: Career Development Information Officer issued by the Quality Council for Trades & Occupations (QCTO).
One (1) year full-time or two (2) years part-time
- A prescribed textbook list is available from the Academic Department at the campus
- Electronic copies of the study guide for this course is available on the student portal
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guides.
Enquire at the Berea College of Technology campus for a pricelist for the programme you are interested in.
Formative and summative assessments are an integral part of the programme and are used to ensure that the learner understands the course and is able to successfully complete the qualification.
Student Support Services
- Job readiness skills
- CV writing, interview training and workshops
- Campus Counsellor
- Work-integrated learning, internships and post-graduate employment
Centre for Student Relations (CSR)
The Centre provides a free online service to students who require additional academic and personal support.
Enquire about post-certificate studies at your nearest campus.
For more information on this course and further study options, visit www.bct.ac.za