- NQF: 5
- SAQA ID: 96372
- CREDITS: 120
Career Development Information Officers play a vital role in helping people make informed decisions about their career. They assist with career mapping and career direction, often for individuals who are looking for more focus in terms of their future. This qualification is designed for professionals who can save the day by providing empowering information to clients struggling to make knowledgeable career decisions. Daily duties within an organisation may include administration of job evaluation surveys; liaising with all levels of management and helping undecided staff or students make good career-path decisions
A qualified learner will be able to pursue a career as a:
- Career Development Information Officer
- Career Counsellor
- A Grade 12 Certificate with admission to diploma studies
- NQF level 4 qualification or equivalent
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is considered on merit and circumstances
Certification and Examination Authority
Upon successful completion of this programme, learners will receive a Certificate: Career Development Information Officer issued by the Quality Council for Trades & Occupations (QCTO).
One (1) year full-time
- A prescribed textbook list is available from the Academic Department at the campus
- Electronic copies of the study guide for this course is available on the student portal
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guides.
Enquire at the Berea College of Technology campus for a pricelist for the programme you are interested in.
Formative and summative assessments are an integral part of the programme and are used to ensure that the learner understands the course and is able to successfully complete the qualification.
Student Support Services
- Job readiness skills
- CV writing, interview training and workshops
- Campus Counsellor
- Work-integrated learning, internships and post-graduate employment
Centre for Student Relations (CSR)
The Centre provides a free online service to students who require additional academic and personal support.
This qualification enables both horizontal and vertical articulation options, as follows:
- Horizontally: Higher Certificate in Community Development at NQF Level 5
- Vertically: Diploma in Community and Development Studies at NQF Level 6.
For more information on this course and further study options, visit www.bct.ac.za